This Past Month at Summit
During the month of April we broke ground on the District 7 Trancas Creek Bridge Project in Malibu, California awarded by Stacy and Witbeck Inc. This project includes:
- Removing and disposing of 1,500 tons of ADL
- Sampling and Analysis for lagoon water
- Air monitoring and ADL training
- Engineering support and site management
This is in preparation of a new and improved bridge that will increase safety and efficiency for the community. The source of the contaminated soil was from the use of leaded fuel. By removing this hazardous material, Summit is preventing:
- Toxic waste from migrating into the groundwater and beaches
- Eliminating carbon emissions
- Protecting construction workers from health hazards
- Creating a healthier community for families
This project is a step closer towards our goal of protecting both the environment and our communities by providing sustainable green methods towards the modernization of the transportation in California. To watch the removal process live, please check out our drone footage HERE!
If you are interested in learning more about how Summit can improve your company’s approach towards hazardous waste management on upcoming infrastructure projects, contact us today at (949) 429 – 8264 ext 103.